Author Topic: Recommendations?  (Read 1090 times)

SunnyInVegas

Recommendations?
« on: March 01, 2016, 09:37:19 AM »
I am 60 years young and currently in school in the Health Information Technology field. I have found myself in the position of having to re-invent myself and start a new career at 60. I find I am really having to push to absorb everything, not like when I was young and learning was a breeze. I was hoping to get a recommendation from someone experienced here as to where to begin with supplementation. I will have to take a very tough exam in about 4 months for certification and need to improve memory as well as focus and clarity. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Peak Nootropics

• Administrator
  • Welcome to the Community!
Re: Recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 12:46:51 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for reaching out and congrats about the achievements. I would suggest trying a product like noopept in small dosages to see how your react. Also, if you are on any other meds, talk with your doctor first and clear it. If noopept has a positive effect, you can look into adding alpha gpc or another choline source.
"History does not repeat itself, but it rhymes"
Samuel Clemens

newdawnherbals

Re: Recommendations?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 01:43:48 PM »
Hey SunnyInVegas, thanks for joining the forums! As far as focus and clarity goes, probably one of the two simplest nootropic stacks might also be some of the most efficient as well as being great choices for beginners. Theanine and caffeine are a popular "beginners stack" that are a great intro to nootropics. Caffeine is a mild stimulant and focusing agent and theanine is slightly sedating and calming but also a focusing agent so there is a nice synergy there.

Another good start is one of the "classic 'racetams" either piracetam (the original and most studied) or one of the original analogues also developed by Dr. Giurgea, the creator of piracetam who COINED the term "nootropic" and defined the original criteria for what is and what is not a nootropic substance. Piracetam, aniracetam and oxiracetam are the three original nootropics though and the second most basic type of stack for the nootropic supplement beginner would be one of the basic racetams (piracetam, the original, aniracetam which is more social and slightly good for anxiety for some folks who deal with that and oxiracetam which is more energizing than the two previous) with a good choline source.

Choline bitartrate and choline citrate are the most inexpensive forms of choline but citicoline and Alpha GPC not only provide choline but have some stand-alone nootropic properties their own.

One last bit of advice I always try to share with beginners is remember MINIMUM EFFECTIVE DOSING and CYCLE OFF OCCASIONALLY (3-5 days on, 2-3 days off, that kind of thing). There are a lot of great articles for beginners at Peak Nootropics' blog as well that you can check out.

Keep us posted of your progress and feel free to ask any questions here at the boards!